Medical elastic neoprene brace (orthosis) for retention of knee joint
Medical elastic neoprene brace (orthosis) for retention of knee joint, with spring inserts, universal
Therapeutic and prophylactic aid for retention and protection of ligaments and soft tissues of the knee joint.
Advantages of the product
Reinforcing inserts, neoprene
Composition of raw materials
Neoprene – microporous rubber – 80%, cotton – 10%, polyamide – 10%.
How to determine the correct size:
One, universal size: circumference of the knee joint 28 – 50 cm.
Reinforcing spring inserts (splints) are intended for additional retention of the joint.
Neoprene as a porous elastic material has a complex effect:
- retention with mild compression,
The velcro fastener helps to easily and individually fasten the orthosis.
Indications for medical use
For retention and compression of the ligamentous apparatus of the knee joint and surrounding tissues in treatment of closed injuries and different diseases:
- in case of bruises, meniscus or ligament injuries;
- in treatment of arthrosis and arthritis of the knee joint,
- after blocks, in case of instability of the knee joint.
For stabilisation of the knee joint, activating the patient in the rehabilitation period after different injuries and surgeries.
For prophylaxis of injuries in cases of sports and physical loads.
Individual incompatibility with any components of raw materials of the product.
Product care conditions
Medical elastic products are washed with hands in soapy water, at 35-40°C. Remove metal splints before washing. Do not bleach, no dry cleaning. After rinsing in water, slightly squeeze with your hands, do not wring, do not centrifuge. Dry flat. Do not dry in sunlight. Do not iron.
Store in dry, clean, well ventilated premises, with air temperature from +3°C to +25°C and relative air humidity within 60-65%.
How to put on/use correctly
- A neoprene brace for retention of knee joint is used in medical facilities, recovery complexes and at home,
- Can be worn directly on skin or with a cotton sock under it,
- the brace is divided into individually adjustable zones, which are located in the centre, above and under the knee joint; each zone has its own Velcro fastener, which can be used to easily adjust the necessary compression level and to fix the brace,
- spring type metal inserts (splints) ensure additional stabilisation of the joint, without restricting physiological movements in the joint,
- If you feel discomfort, when wearing the brace, talk to your attending physician,
- for prophylaxis, it is recommended to wear the product no more than 2 hours per day and to remove it before night sleep, your physician may extend the duration of wearing of the brace,
- If the period of use is long (longer than 2-3 weeks), physical exercises to strengthen the joint and its muscles would be desirable,
- different ointments and creams can be used, if your physician recommends them.