Medical elastic posture corrector (orthosis) for lower spine
Medical elastic posture corrector (orthosis) for lower spine, with splints, high comfort
For rigid retention of thoracic and lumbar vertebrae after injuries or surgeries, as well as for prophylaxis of compression fractures in case of spinal osteoporosis.
Advantages of the product
Enhanced comfort, cotton, polyurethane foam, modellable metal inserts, comfortable shoulder straps
Composition of raw materials
Polyamide – 50%, polyurethane foam – 20%, latex – 18%, cotton – 12%
How to determine the correct size:
The structure of the Comfort series fabric is made of alternate strips of yarn and line and has:
- increased elasticity for the orthosis to fit closer
- improved ventilation to prevent the heating effect
- hygroscopic properties or the ability to absorb and then evaporate moisture, reduces unpleasant sweating
- uneven surface having a micromassaging effect,
Polyurethane foam upholstery cushions pressure and prevents chafing.
The velcro fastener helps to easily and individually fasten the belt adjusting it to the body within the available size.
Comfortable shoulder straps are cushioned with foam, which prevents chafing, when worn for long periods of time
Modellable metal inserts:
- intended for additional retention of vertebrae
- flexible to adjust to the peculiarities of each patient’s spine more accurately
- removable, when so rigid retention is no longer necessary.
Indications for medical use
For posture correction and rigid retention of vertebrae at the thoracic and lumbar level:
- after spinal injuries or surgeries,
- in case of osteoporosis of spinal vertebrae to reduce the risk of compression fractures.
When treating different thoracic and lumbar diseases:
- spondylolisthesis, consolidated vertebral fracture,
- intervertebral disk hernia.
To reduce the period of rehabilitation after injuries and surgeries in the thoracic and lumbar spine.
Individual incompatibility with any components of raw materials of the product.
Product care conditions
Medical elastic products are washed with hands in soapy water, at 35-40°C. Do not bleach, no dry cleaning. After rinsing in water, slightly squeeze with your hands, do not wring, do not centrifuge. Dry flat, do not iron.
Store in dry, clean, well ventilated premises, with air temperature from +3°C to +25°C and relative air humidity within 60-65%.
How to put on/use correctly
- the orthosis can be used in sports, medical or recovery facilities, and at home
- the size is chosen based on waist circumference and height according to the size chart
- the posture corrector is worn on underwear – so that it fits the body closely
- it is recommended to put it on when standing on your feet: first align the back part, then fasten the belt strap with the velcro fastener on the belly;
- the degree of retention can be changed by tightening the reinforcing band
- then use the straps that pull shoulders back and fix with a velcro fastener
- tighten the straps that pull shoulders back more every day of wearing little by little correcting posture
- the modellable metal inserts in the back of the posture corrector should be folded after putting it on
- a correctly put on posture corrector draws shoulders back, straightens the chest and the spine forming a physiologically correct posture; modellable metal splints stabilise thoracic and lumbar vertebrae
- when using after spinal injuries or surgeries, as well as for treatment of spine diseases, act as per your physician’s instructions: usually 12-24 hours a day, course of 7-30 days.