Medical elastic maternity compression tights
Medical elastic maternity compression tights
For treatment of chronic venous insufficiency: for the prevention of “heavy legs” syndrome and leg swelling, for prophylaxis of vein thrombosis leg oedema in expectant mothers.
Composition of raw materials
Polyamide – 80%, lycra – 20%
Size: 2-5 (S-XL)
How to determine the correct size:
- A special, very elastic abdominal part of the tights does not press on the growing belly of the expectant mother.
- The flat seam technology prevents the formation of chafing and impressions, which is very important in conditions of long and regular use.
- Guaranteed preservation of compression properties according to the declared compression class for 6 months of daily use.
- Hypoallergic fibre, meets the OEKO-TEX 100 standard.
Indications for medical use
Prophylactic compression products (up to 18 mmHg) are intended for prophylaxis of symptoms of leg swelling and venous insufficiency during pregnancy, in particular in representatives of risk group professions (standing or sitting for a long time), as well as with family disposition to vein diseases.
Therapeutic prophylactic compression products of compression class I (from 18 to 21 mmHg) for expectant mothers are intended:
- in case of “heavy legs” syndrome,
- for treatment of venous insufficiency at the initial stage, when there is numbness, skin “crawls” and feels squeezed, when ankle and shins are swollen and painful in the evening, there may be craps in shins
- for prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis and leg swelling during pregnancy and in the postnatal period, as well as during long travels (>4 h).
- Individual incompatibility with components of raw materials of the product,
- local leg skin diseases, trophic ulcers of non-venous aetiology, acute infection of soft tissues of legs, including wildfire,
- decompensated heart and vascular failure,
- severe arterial blood flow disorders in lower extremities with pressure in hip arteries lower than 80 mmHg,
- diabetic neuropathy and angiopathy.
Product care conditions
Medical compression products are resistant to the use of creams, ointments, however, residuals of these products, collection of dust and epidermis cause wear and tear of yarn. We recommend to wash the product with hands every day.
It is recommended to wash compression products with hands, in soapy water, at +40°C, without using bleachers or agents containing chlorine. After rinsing in water, slightly squeeze with your hands, do not wring, do not centrifuge. Dry flat. Do not iron.
Store in dry, clean, well ventilated premises, with air temperature from +3°C to +25°C and relative air humidity within 60-65%.
How to put on/use correctly
Basic principles of use:
- compression products can be used in inpatient and outpatient facilities, and at home,
- for prophylaxis or in case of initial signs of venous insufficiency, while varicose veins have not developed yet, long socks are usually sufficient for prophylaxis, but you can also choose a longer model – everything depends on the user,
- the necessary degree of compression is usually determined according to medical indications, but the physician can adapt this individually,
- the size is selected according to the leg circumference, height by body length, according to the size chart; measurements should be made in the morning (before swelling appears) or after your legs have had rest, by placing your leg horizontally – you can do this on your own or ask for help of an assistant or specialist,
- put the product on in the morning, as soon as your hygienic procedures are over, and wear all day, unless your physician prescribed otherwise,
- as medical compression products need to be washed every day, for more convenient use it is recommended to purchase two pairs.
Procedure, conditions of putting on/off:
- before putting a compression product on, we recommend to remove jewellery from hands, it is preferable to use rubber gloves,
- take the upper part of the product with both hands and gather it in folds with both hands up to the heel, turn inside out,
- place your thumbs in the product, stretch the product and put it on your foot, arrange well to make it straight, so that it does not wring,
- mildly pressing with your finger pads, evenly pull the product up to the necessary level; if the product is two stretched in the upward direction, pull it down to the ankle and then even up to the necessary level without stretching
- when putting off, also remove your jewellery and put rubber gloves on,
- grasp the top of the product with both hands and, pull it down in the direction of the ankle with spreading movements,
- carefully, with spreading movements, pull the product off the foot and toes.