Medical arm support for retention,
Medical arm support for retention, with additional reinforcement, (Desault type bandage)
For rigid retention of arm after fractures, sprain and/or surgical treatment.
Advantages of the product
Enhanced comfort, polyurethane foam, cotton
Composition of raw materials
Polyurethane foam – 60%, velcro stockinet – 25%, cotton – 15%.
- The support consists of four parts: oversleeve, two straps for fastening on shoulders and a belt.
- Soft, crossed shoulder bands with Velcro fasteners allows to adapt length individually and to connect parts of the support.
- An additional band allows to attach the arm to the body.
- Polyurethane foam upholstery in all parts cushions pressure and prevents chafing.
Indications for medical use
For rigid arm and shoulder retention (shoulder, elbow, wrist joint, shoulder and clavicle connection, scapula) in case of injuries and for faster rehabilitation surgeries.
Safely retains the upper extremity at the chest, ensures immobilisation of the shoulder joint, upper arm and clavicle connection, scapula.
Individual incompatibility with any components of raw materials of the product.
Product care conditions
Medical elastic products are washed with hands in soapy water, at 35-40°C. Do not bleach, no dry cleaning. After rinsing in water, slightly squeeze with your hands, do not wring, do not centrifuge. Dry flat. Do not iron.
Store in dry, clean, well ventilated premises, with air temperature from +3°C to +25°C and relative air humidity within 60-65%.
How to put on/use correctly
- The brace can be used in medical facilities and at home,
- wear directly on skin or on cotton underwear,
- the support consists of four parts: oversleeve, two straps for fastening on shoulders and a belt
- put the oversleeve around the forearm and fasten with velcro fasteners,
- hang the arm on two straps, which cross, go over shoulders and are attached to the oversleeve using Velcro fasteners,
- fix the upper extremity to the body using a wide belt,
- when wearing the support, it rigidly retains the upper extremity at the chest, ensures immobilisation of the shoulder joint, shoulder and clavicle connection, scapula, unloads capsules of the shoulder joint, muscles of shoulders and upper extremity,
- if you feel serious discomfort, when wearing the support, talk to your attending physician,
- the support can be used with or without the belt.