Medical elastic long compression socks, without toecap, universal
Medical elastic long compression socks, without toe cap, universal, anti-embolic.
For prophylaxis of thrombosis of veins and pulmonary embolism during and after surgical treatment, in women during labour, as well as during long stays in a hospital
Advantages of the product
Graduated compression, dry fast, flat seams, unisex
Composition of raw materials
Polyamide – 55%, lycra – 45%
How to determine the correct size:
- Stockings of Hospital series have a more loose structure than traditional graduated compression stockings, they “breathe” better, do not cause sweating and discomfort also in conditions of a warm hospital ward.
- The flat seam technology helps to prevent the risk of chafing and impressions, which is important for immobilised patients.
- There is a “window” in the foot, which eases the connection of diagnostic equipment, allows to evaluate peripheral blood flow.
- Hypoallergic fibre, meets the OEKO-TEX 100 standard.
Indications for medical use
Therapeutic prophylactic products of compression class I (from 18 to 21 mmHg) Hospital are intended for the prevention of vein thromboembolism in lower extremities and thromboembolism in pulmonary arteries, when staying in a hospital:
- in case of all types of outpatient and inpatient surgeries,
- during childbirth and in the postnatal period,
- when staying in the intensive care or resuscitation unit,
- during long bed regime for patients with oncology diseases, myocardial infarction, stroke, burns, spinal, femoral neck fracture and in case of other injuries,
- as well as after surgical actions on veins of lower extremities.
- Individual incompatibility with components of raw materials of the product,
- local leg skin diseases, trophic ulcers of non-venous aetiology, acute infection of soft tissues of legs, including wildfire,
- decompensated heart and vascular failure,
- severe arterial blood flow disorders in lower extremities with pressure in hip arteries lower than 80 mmHg,
- diabetic neuropathy and angiopathy.
Product care conditions
Medical compression products are resistant to the use of creams, ointments, however, residuals of these products, collection of dust and epidermis cause wear and tear of yarn. We recommend to wash the product with hands every day.
It is recommended to wash compression products with hands, in soapy water, at +40°C, without using bleachers or agents containing chlorine. After rinsing in water, slightly squeeze with your hands, do not wring, do not centrifuge. Dry flat. Do not iron.
Hospital compression products can be sterilised with steam for a short period of time, at a temperature not exceeding +125°C.
Store in dry, clean, well ventilated premises, with air temperature from +3°C to +25°C and relative air humidity within 60-65%.
How to put on/use correctly
Basic principles of use:
- compression products can be used in inpatient and outpatient facilities, and at home,
- the size is selected according to the leg circumference, height by body length, according to the size chart; measurements should be made in the morning (before swelling appears) or after your legs have had rest, by placing your leg horizontally – you can do this on your own or ask for help of an assistant or specialist,
- put the product on in the morning, as soon as your hygienic procedures are over, and wear all day, unless your physician prescribed otherwise,
Procedure, conditions of putting on/off:
- before putting a compression product on, we recommend to remove jewellery from hands, it is preferable to use rubber gloves,
- take the upper part of the product with both hands and gather it in folds with both hands up to the heel, turn inside out,
- place your thumbs in the product, stretch the product and put it on your foot, arrange well to make it straight, so that it does not wring,
- mildly pressing with your finger pads, evenly pull the product up to the necessary level; if the product is two stretched in the upward direction, pull it down to the ankle and then even up to the necessary level without stretching
- when putting off, also remove your jewellery and put rubber gloves on,
- grasp the top of the product with both hands and, pull it down in the direction of the ankle with spreading movements,
- carefully, with spreading movements, pull the product off the foot and toes.